Thursday 26 January 2012

Medieval Man.....FINISHED

Have finally finished Medieval Man after
alot of distractions........

































I love the sense of going off on an adventure, out in the
wide open spaces of the Irish landscape......In a time
when places were less touched and there were less
people to destroy and spread across the environment.........

I am sure that I have a slightly romantic view of Medieval
Times and that life would probably have been quite hard
for the majority of the population.........

But having lived on the land on and off (7/8 years) up in
the hills and sometimes in remote places, I still have a desire
for space, quiet and beauty.......Some places were
warm and I was near either a waterhole or looking down
onto the ocean, it was truly paradise......Other places were
isolated deep in the forest and away from normal civilsiation,
but were still unbelievably magical and powerful, even if the
small social life was excessively redneck......I still look at
all these places with fond memories and longing for that
simplicity, of less is more........

 Quite often my life seems to be full of a certain amount of
chaos and it is a constant battle to keep the order and peace
both on the outside and the inside.......I long for a place
where things are simple.......

Hence my love of the Romantic Ideals of the Medieval Times
and my love of the Open Space........

(Main character inspired by a reference to the stock by
Dewfooter who you can find here at Deviant art......
http://dewfooter.deviantart.com/)

4 comments:

mirsini's creations said...

I'm so happy to meet people like you!!!! We are kindreds for i think and like the same things as you!!!!
Your celtic paint is beautiful as always!!!! It must have been wonderful and magical to live in the Irish Land!!!! I wish i will visit this place one day!!!
Hugs and kisses!!! :o)

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

Thanxs sweetie.....that is very kind of you......It would be wonderful to go to Ireland........The future is a long thing so hopefully it will happen......

Medieval Muse said...

This is really beautiful! (your art and your words:)

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

That is very kind of you Medieval Muse, sometimes you wonder, but these little comments do make you feel better......So thanxs......