Wednesday 8 February 2012

SCHOOL STUFF

Today something totally not to do with arts and craft.  But with
my life. 

Yesterday my daughter came home from school and informed me
of an incident where some girl had bullied her and then in recess
her friends joined in........

Won't go into all the details, school dealt with it, her friends were
supportive, but boy it really gets my tick.......Was proud of myself
though, because I didn't overreact and want to kill them.   My
daughter also said she wasn't sure to tell me, but remembered her
promise to tell me if anything happened like this.  So was very glad
she spoke up.

It also challenging because we have been homeschooling for 3 years
up unto this point, so she is quite use to be by herself and being in a
very supportive peaceful environment.  Mind you there was definate
bullying happening with some kids with some homeschool organised
activities.  So unfortunately it is just part of this great thing called
the human race.......

Unfortunately bullying seems to happen everywhere in all schools,
in life and is definately something you have to learn to deal with.  My
daughter has such a gentle beautiful soul and doesn't have that
aggressive edge you sometimes need to call on.  It is wonderful she
is so kind and compassionate, but at these moments I wish I could
pass on my Viking (Kick Ass) attitude.

But she went to school today, moderately positive and brave.  Here
is to her coming home with only good news.  We will wait and see......
And me keeping my cool.....

5 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Good for your daughter! Bullying brings out the mama-bear in me, too. I don't know if I would have been able to dial it back. I'm impressed! Hope she had a very good day today.

Anne said...

((HUGS))

See you tomorrow for coffee...:)


The Phoenix is slowly rising from the ashes, fingers crossed that the glue will dry in this crazy weather.

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

Thanxs Bella Sinclair, yes it was a bit of a tall order.....I suppose it is all part of letting them go out into the world.....She did have a good day, here's too tomorrow being better......
Thanxs Anne for the cyber hug.....Looking forward to coffee tomorrow......

Guernsey Girl said...

I'm with you all the way - bullies are just cowards dressed up as cheer leaders...

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

Too true Guernsey Girl.....